The Summerville Orchestra is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. We rely on volunteers and generous donors like you to keep the music flowing. Concert season is a very busy time for the Orchestra. Our current subscription-series is made of up 5 concerts performed on a Friday and Saturday night. At each concert there are approximately 20 volunteers that make the experience a safe, organized and fun experience for attendees. Volunteer positions: Setup volunteer: Thursday Evening 5-8 PM Summers Corner Performing Arts Center Must be able to stand, walk and carry boxes up to 5 lbs. Must be able to listen and take directions. Concert Volunteer: Friday or Saturday night 5:30 PM-9:30 PM Summers Corner Performing Arts Center Assist with final setup and cleanup as required Required Dress Code:
- Ladies: Solid white top/solid black pants or skirt/flat or low comfortable shoes. If needed-wrap or sweater in solid white or black.
- Gentleman: Solid white top/solid black pants/dress shoes. Tie is optional. If needed-suit jacket or dark jacket.
- Door Greeter: Open door and greet attendees
- Will Call/Sales: Assist attendees with picking up will call tickets/replacing lost tickets/selling available tickets and answering questions.
- Ticket Marker: Mark each ticket as attendees enter sanctuary
- Programs: Hand out programs to attendees as they enter the sanctuary
- Mobility Monitor: Assist mobility impaired attendees with seating as needed.
- Balcony Monitor: Monitor the balcony and be available to answer questions or assist attendees as needed.